Sunday, December 3

What the hell am I doin here?

it's a sunday afternoon and i'm sitting in front of my pc, at the office. though i came back at my own free-will, i can't help but think that i have so much to do, so little time and so underpaid. i have to say that i love my job but sometimes, i wish the floor under me would just swallow me whole and take me away from this world for a couple of days.

anyways, went to Zouk last night. FEMALE was having a bash for the 50 Gorgeous people. it was pretty boring at first, with all that waiting for the event to start. it was suppose to start at 8pm but it didn't until close to 9pm. once the party started, the stage heated up with 50 of the most Gorgeous people for 2006. the event was emceed by Channel [V] VJs Sarah Tan and Dominic Lau, many thought that THEY should be included in the Gorgeous people. the most Gorgeous man title was won by contestant #7 Justin Chan and the most Gorgeous female was #47's Jasvinder Gill.

that aside, the night was full of suprises for me as well. as i have not been out in the "scene" of late, it was my 1st time of late night at a club in almost a year.

while i was looking at the 50 Gorgeous on the big screen, suddenly #29 caught my eye. his name is Lord Scott, a name i will never forget because when we were younger, i used to tease him by always calling him "m'lord". wow... he certainly has grown. he used to be my direct neighbour and he hung out at my house pretty often because my brother was the same age as him and they went to the same school. i told this to Pinky, GG and Nic. Pinky and Nic commented that i should know Scott's sister, Fiona since i know him. but when i met her that night, i could not recognize her. afterall, it was only Scott who came over to my house and my family was not that close to the rest of Scott's family. but times have been good to Scott, as from what i can see. from a vulnerable boy to a gorgeous hunk!

i got to Zouk not too long when i got a call, seems my pen-pal of 9 years was there too and he spotted me. he came over and we catched up. the last i saw him was a year ago, during my Christmas party. he asked if i was gonna have another one this year (still thinking about it).

5 minutes after my pen-pal went back to his table, i felt a finger brush across my back, and i was about to turn round to scream at the pervert when i saw this tiny little girl who was one of my brother's ex-girlfriend. i sitll adore this little girl because she really has such sweet-mouth and she's just so cute. the only way i have been keeping up with her life is through www.multiply.com. but seeing her after 3-4 years was great and it was also great to see she has moved on and very happy about it too.

half an hour after that, i received another call, this time, i just stared at my phone because i could not believe that this fella was calling me. ever since we left collage, we have not kept in contact at all. after staring in disbelief at my phone for 2 seconds, i finally picked up and it was confirmed it was him. he said he is at Zouk too and i hurried over to meet him. i brought my whole gang (all from the same collage and class) and we were reunited, just like the old days. we chatted and parted to join the happenings on stage.

there were a 3 games that the emcees were suppose to get the audience to join in and play. the 1st was "name that song" and the forfeit was for the rest of the contestants to spell the singer's name with their ass. 2nd game was to get 10 audience on stage to pick 1 Gorgeous of an opposite sex as a partner and design a t-shirt for them. quite interesting designs were created. 3rd game was "treasure hunt", where 5 contestant were given 5 items to find in the crowd and the 1st person to complete would win a Samsung mobile phone (can't remember the model). and guess who won it? none other than Kenny Sia. i was so shocked to see him live. Pinky, GG n me were screaming our lungs out when he went on stage. quite obviously we were avid readers of his blog. i saw him outside after the event but didn't dare go up to him. bad enough, he would have encountered many cheesy pick-up lines in his life since he became a some-what celebrity, i didn't want to be added to that list.

the night ended, but i had loads of fun... with loads of suprises. Note To Self: i should do this once awhile.

*reality* back to work... still alone in a big ol' office with work piled. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good time! Was thinking that we should go up to Kenny Sia but scared he think that we are some sakai blog reader... Shy lah!

ms3Gem said...

tell me about it. i saw him outside, wandering around, alone... was tempted to go up to him to say "hi" but thought he would have either ran away or think i was stalker, so decided against it. LoL. of course had a great time, minus the headache.